Monday, July 12, 2010

Nearing the end

Wow this is getting tough, isn't it?

Anyway, some comments on the final week:

  • Having the family here makes it nearly impossible to be strict with this thing like I had been. No worries, comes with the territory.
  • On the other hand, I love the influence this is having on my daughters. Maya, my 4 year old who has terrible gastointestinal troubles and generally refuses to eat veggies, LOVES baby carrots. Amy can't get enough rutabaga and begs me to get more at the supermarket. We ate at Costco (of all places), and she even ordered the salad (of which I could only eat the lettuce and cherry tomatoes). Still, their salad is miles better than the pizza or other junk and I was hugely proud of Amy.

    Even my wife Narumi enjoys my broiled super-lean eye-round steak more than the fat-marbled health disasters generally available at the super.

  • 1 comment:

    1. It's all about swapping out the bad for the good habits--and it's great that they have this 'second-hand' effect on those closest to you!

      ReplyDelete