Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The T+7 Final Post

First of all, thanks to Patrick and Chen. PCP's been a great experience and I certainly feel I met my goal of getting into good shape. Some observations after 1 week off the diet:
  • Most restaurant food is more of a sauce than a food. What I mean is it's generally full of fat and has no fiber whatsoever. I actually doggie-bagged the main course from a local restaurant and spread it on bread at home.
  • Holy crap people eat a lot of salt. I had a meal at "Boston Chicken" figuring it'd be half-way healthy if one got the right sides. Incredible mountains of salt.
  • Lunch at a restaurant in a business district is not only unhealthy, but way more expensive than treating oneself to a fancy but PCP friendly bag lunch. Why eat a greasy bacon cheeseburger when for less money (and even less time, when you consider the lines!) you can pack a thick steak sandwich.
  • Jump-rope is fun and a pretty easy habit to keep.
  • Not so for the rest of the exercises. I'll need to work on that.
  • I still have no interest in sweets.
  • That being said, one can gain several kilos of water weight by eating a small amount of sugar and salt. Scales don't tell the story. Anyway, congrats again to my team--you all look fantastic. And to anyone reading this wondering whether they should give it a go, I say go for it. It's not easy, but I promise you won't regret it.
  • 2 comments:

    1. The salt is amazing isn't it? The good news is you'll never have quite the same taste for it again.

      Nice work man. Looking good!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Omedetou dude! Though not sure you deserve the COMPLETE until you take that final step....you know what I'm talking about!!!!!

      ReplyDelete