Sunday, May 30, 2010

New Pants

Well, had something of a housing disaster today. I tried doing laundry and the entire cycle ended up flooding the basement, along with just about everything I'd put down the disposer over the last few days. So after several hours of mopping, sweeping, mopping again, etc., I came to the realization that I was out of clean work clothes. Inspired by Ren's new-pants post, I figured I'd go to the store and see what I could fit into. Lo and behold, I too was able to fit (barely, but plausibly) into a 30-inch waste (I have been wearing 34). I strongly suspect that American pants have gotten a bit more "roomy" since I lived here last, though. In the end, I didn't get them--they didn't have my length in anything but the docker's "slim-fit", and those were most uncomfortable at 30. 32 is perfect. And indeed, I'm halfway through the PCP so perfectly appropriate. On the other hand, I see I've got some catching up to do if I want to keep up with my very gung-ho group, and I still have a long way to go to rid myself of the gut I started with, let alone get to true peak condition. Gotta stop typing and get to work!

6 comments:

  1. Ah, and just noticed your changed your inspiration! Nice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the housing woes. I'm sure all that mopping was easier in halfway to peak condition, no?

    Also enjoying the spelling of waste! All that extra flab around the waistband certainly was... at least for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great, man--congrats on your "loss"! And I'm glad I'll see Ren smiling down on your posts the rest of the way; he's an inspiration to all of us who are starting out the second half!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good man!
    I on the other hand sit around eating chocolate and watching TV all day...NOT!

    ReplyDelete