Saturday, April 24, 2010

Breakfast: boiled rutabaga, lentils as my carb (Patrick informs me this was an error, and lentils are to be avoided), eggs as usual.

Lunch: lesson learned--when dieting by weighing one's food, the scale is most sensitive to the amount of water in the food. A dry fluffy bread weighs almost nothing, and so it takes a *lot* of slices to make the gram count. The rest of the lunch is leftover dinner with some extra veggies (broccoli and cauliflower) thrown in

Dinner: Chicken soup-like dish made with radish, radish greens, broccoli, carrot, whole wheat pasta, and of course chicken. This was a winner, and the contrast of the small amount of (somewhat soggy) pasta vs. the bread at lunch couldn't have been greater. Definitely feeling the burn on all the exercises now. I can't wait to see what happens to my stats after a week of eating this sort of quantity of real food. Will my body use all that energy or build muscle with it?

3 comments:

  1. I hear ya on the bread, I need 6 slices of my raisin wheat to meet some of the allocations, I think its tougher psychologically to eat that much bread in one sitting than physically!

    The pot-luck chicken soup looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What will happen!? I'm on the edge of my seat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy it now, while you still got it...

    ReplyDelete