Friday, April 23, 2010

Wow, that was too much food

... and to think I've left out the pics of two of the snacks.

Still, in defense of Michael Pollan, I suppose I could have and occasionally did eat this much pasta, pizza, ice-cream, fried-foods, etc. without so much trouble. This sort of food is just difficult to eat in these sorts of quantities (I suppose on account of all the fiber). Anyway, breakfast was fried-egg-on-rice, tomato and bell-pepper, milk

lunch: corn & celery, steak sandwiches w/dijon mustard

dinner: salmon cooked with mushroom & salsa, bread. A bit of a dangerous experiment with leftovers but it ended up tasting like bouillabaisse. Measuring weights after cooking was tricky but basically I fished out chunks of salmon and counted the rest as veggie.

Two of the snacks were berry mix, the other was a large orange.

Tonight I hope to do a better job of preparing the food as this was all a bit of a rush today. I went and bought just about every veggie in the store that I didn't recognize or don't know how to cook. As Patrick wrote, "We're living in the matrix." Indeed. For the record, as for rutabaga, you boil it.

4 comments:

  1. Good choices on everything here except those colors in your chart. My eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For *you*, we can change it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rutabaga is excellent with carrots. Boil 'em together, mash 'em up with a bit of butter (a no-no, I'm sure) or olive oil and pepper.
    (the Michalsky household cook)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every veggie can be steamed!

    ReplyDelete